Transform into who you really want to be professionally.
With over 20 years of experience in the financial industry in management and leadership roles, Tom Dowd is currently a Senior Vice President at one of the largest financial institutions in the country. Tom developed a series of management presentations into a speaking program called Powerful Professional Transformation: Unleashing Leadership. The speaking engagements turned into The Transformation of a Doubting Thomas: Growing from a Cynic to a Professional in the Corporate World, a book detailing Tom's own professional growth based on lessons learned in his career. The book received honorable mention at the 2012 New England Book Festival in the business category.
The most commonly requested topics from the Powerful Professional Transformation: Unleashing Leadership program include:
- How to Transform Yourself into Who You Really Want to be Professionally
- Let Your Connections Work for You - How to Build a Professional Network
- Command and Influence - Better Business Communications
- From Fear to Success - Practical Public Speaking
- Do Everything YOU Want To Do - Time Management and Organization
- Make Your Story Come Alive - Résumé Writing Workshop
- It's Not Bragging if it's a Fact - Improve Interviewing Skills
- Maximizing Multiple Generations in the Workplace
- Keep Your Key Contributors - How to Retain Your Top Employees
- Flawless "Virtual" Presentations - Make the Most of Expanding Business Cultures
These topics are effective as a series, a seminar or separate presentations. Programs can be tailored to meet the needs of any organization or individual. In addition to group sessions, Tom offers individual coaching. Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric, consistently talks about the 20-70-10 system. Tom's experience in the business world has proven to him that only a small number of leaders rise to the top. As a company, what if you could double the effectiveness power at the top from 20% to 40%? As an individual, what if you could do in 40 hours, more effectively, what it takes others 50, 60, or even 70 hours? Learn how to work smarter, not harder.
There are three targeted sets of clients who would benefit from the program:
- Corporate employers- Invest in strengthening the employee and employer relationship into an engaged and inspired partnership to drive the business together.
- Stagnant or disengaged employees- Target the focus to re-energize individuals to become self-aware of their own accountabilities and to take action. The evolution will inspire increased success and satisfaction levels, while expediting the climb up the corporate ladder.
- Prospective corporate employees- This includes new/future graduates and individuals looking for a competitive edge. Emphasis is placed upon effectively and quickly adapting in the professional world.
The global economic conditions have created a steep competitive landscape for employers, employees, unemployed and future employees alike. Employers may need to make cuts and can only keep their best. Employees are competing against each other to shine in the eyes of key decision-makers. The unemployed and future employees need solid résumés and interviews to stand out amongst thousands of others.
This program will prove those willing to invest in their employees, and those individuals willing to invest in themselves, will differentiate from the masses and impressively influence any organization. The program, Powerful Professional Transformation: Unleashing Leadership is a journey worth taking. Success and satisfaction levels are dependent upon it. Transform yourself into who you really want to be professionally.
Tom is currently the Vice President of Education for Dirigo Toastmasters Club in Belfast, Maine. As a founding member of the club, Tom has been involved in Toastmasters since September 2008. Tom holds advanced communication and advanced leadership certifications with Toastmasters International, including his High Performance Leadership (HPL) certification. In November 2011, Tom was selected as the District 45 Toastmaster of Year, which represents over 100 clubs in the states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, and the three Eastern Canadian Provinces of Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Tom has also exhibited consistent success when competing at the division (state) and district level in Toastmasters speech contests which include humorous, inspirational, impromptu, and evaluation events. Additionally, he is a member of the National Speakers Association. Tom's most recent book, From Fear to Success: A Practical Public-speaking Guide, was published in September 2012. Fear won the 2013 Gold Medal at the Axiom Business Book Awards in the Business Reference category and Honorable Mention at the 2013 Paris Book Festival in the How-to category.
Tom graduated from the University of Delaware in 1990 with a Communication degree, concentrating on interpersonal and organizational communication.
|Business name:||Thomas Dowd Professional Development and Coaching|