CHANGE ACCELERATION Consultant, Coach & Author - Optimizing Performance, Removing Barriers, Helping Leaders Make Courageous Choices for Real Change
THOUGHT LEADER IN CHANGE ACCELERATION, BARRIER REMOVAL & SUSTAINABLE CHANGE - Management's Partner in Tapping Potential, Changing Culture and Building Strong Management Teams
Kay helps people SEE what they could not see, CHANGE what they could not change, and ACHIEVE what they could not achieve...until NOW!
Whether she is wearing a hard hat on a job site or 3-inch heels in the corporate office, Kay Sever is focused on removing barrriers to change. All change begins in the mind, which means that barriers in the way we think about change must be addressed as the FIRST STEP in the change process. Change initiatives are not designed to remove these barriers, which is why change takes a lot longer than it should and why companies often fail to deliver expected benefits.
Removing barriers to change requires stories and examples that "connect" with an audience's personal experience with the change process. Kay's stories create "Revelation Moments", where people get a new perspective and NEVER GO BACK to their old way of thinking.Kay's real-life stories and examples:
- Give people a new perspective on old problems!
- Help the audience examine their INTENT and HEARTS within the change process, maybe for the very first time!
- Inspire courage to trade the conflict & confusion of a reactive culture for the collaboration & clarity that comes with a proactive culture.
- Reveal the deceptive power of corporate politics and how it drives a very expensive wedge between management and the workforce.
Her book addresses the barriers to change that are usually only talked about behind closed doors.
TESTIMONIALS from event planners and attendees tell this story:
- "At times hilarious, at other times sobering, you deliver an eye-opening look at the things organizations do that prevent employees from delivering their best, and offer practical solutions and perspectives on how to really get the most out of employees. Attendees consistently rank your talks "Excellent". Kim Davis, Event Manager, Mining Media, Inc.
- "Your example about getting departments to communicate showed how internal politics prevented companies from achieving their goals." Steve Fiscor, Editor, Coal Age Magazine
- "Your presentation held up a mirror to executives and opened their eyes to unintended consequences of their best intentions." Mark G. Ellis, President, Industrial Minerals Association of North America
- "Your presentation and exercises included real life experiences, not just "models". I will change how I solve problems because of what I learned in your session." Ernestine Tesarek, Management Assistant, City of Mesa
- "People are not managed by fear" struck a strong chord with me personally, as this shortsighted management style is frequently seen. As you put so eloquently, the root cause of several corporate problems and lack of morale is sometimes attributed to poor or lack of management, ineffective communications, and/or poor execution. Thanks for sharing these words of wisdom." William M. Reid, VP Product Development, Ampherol Fiber Systems International
- "Our managers said that Kay helped them see the world differently and zero in on the best "value opportunities" for improvement. Richard Robison, Vice President, Peabody Energy
See individual testimonials for more audience and meeting planner feedback.
TOPICS: Kay customizes her content to match conference themes and is happy to work with conference planners so that everything goes smoothly the day of the event, including offering her book and print of her book cover at a discount to attendees. Workshops can be customized. Kay will also write a mini-book that summarizes key points as a takeaway and part of the speaking package.
BOOKS & ARTICLES: "Building An Opportunity Culture" (2 editions), TRUTH, TRUST & TONS (minibuk that summarized key points from a strategically important session for management teams). Over 50 articles published in industry periodicals. Topics involve management improvement strategies and challenges with change.
APPROPRIATE AUDIENCES: CEO's, Executive Teams, Divisions/Operating Unit Teams, Department Heads (value stream products/services, maintenance, admin support groups) and suppliers. Because her topics deal with people (not specific production or service processes), they add value for all industries and product lines. Audiences have stated that her talk was "the best session" at the conference. Kay was voted the best speaker 5 years in a row for a state-wide teacher education program. See Kay's One Sheet for more information about keynote topics, workshops and her "change experience exercises".