The Federation bestows the prestigious International Ambassador Award to recognize those who have made an obvious, substantial, and sustained contribution to the professional speaking industry and community over many years.
Each Federation member organization nominates potential recipients each year. The award is presented by the Council of the Federation when one nominee is seen by Council to stand ‘head and shoulders’ above other nominees that year. There have been only 11 recipients in the past 30 years (the first 3 recipients having been awarded the International Ambassador by NSA, prior to the formation of the International Federation).
During the 2010 NSAUS Convention in Orlando, Florida, Jim and Naomi Rhode were recognized as the International Ambassador Recipients for the year.
- Delva and Norm Rebin HoF CPAE (Canada) 19—
- Somers White, CMC, CSP, CPAE (U.S.A.) 19—
- Max Hitchins, APS (Australia) 2000
- Warren Evans, CSP HoF (Canada) 2001
- Terry Paulson, PhD, CSP, CPAE (U.S.A.) 2002
- W. Mitchell, CSP, CPAE (U.S.A. & Australia) 2003
- Patricia Ball, CSP, CPAE (U.S.A.) 2004
- Kit Grant, BA, BEd, MEd, CSP, HoF (Canada) 2005
- Paul Bridle, CSP (UK) 2006
- David Price, CSP (Australia) 2007
- Dan Poynter, CSP (U.S.A) 2008
- Naomi Rhode, CSP, CPAE and Jim Rhode, CSP (U.S.A) 2010
In addition to their obvious, substantial, and sustained contributions to the industry and the profession, recipients will have:
- Achieved success in their own business.
- Earned a reputation for impeccable ethics.
- Acquired significant experience speaking in a variety of countries.
- Contributed to the cementing of member relations on an international level.
- Represented/embodied the spirit and intent of our professional associations as described in the values, mission statements and code of ethics of each association.
- Utilized the platform as a forum for generating international goodwill.
- Worked to build a speaking community of respect, tolerance and inclusiveness.
- Served as a mentor of future leaders.