Leadership Methodologist, International Business Speaker, Author, Facilitator, Advisor and Consultant.
Paul Bridle is the world's foremost leadership methodologist. For over 20 years, he has studied successful businesses and organizations, focusing on the people who lead them. His research has helped him determine the mindset—and methodology—required to become a successful leader.
“There is plenty of information out there. The challenge is putting it into context.”
Trying to make sense of the latest business trends can be a daunting task. Paul has identified the way successful businesses operate to ensure future success and contexualized the information so it's much easier to understand. His global perspective, combined with personal research, leads to practical ideas people can actually use to improve their leadership and management skills.
Paul's presentations are enlightening, exciting, inspirational and informative. He presents the results of his years of research in a way that allows audiences to discover the true qualities of a leader and measure themselves against those standards. Audience members leave with practical tools to improve their leadership ability in their organization.
“I enjoy challenging people, helping them take a fresh look at what they need to do to improve their performance and become successful leaders.”
Paul is highly sought after for his presentations on leadership, teamwork and motivation. His most popular topics include:
- Moving from Management to Leadership—the Key to Your Success: Differentiate between management and leadership and use a framework to evaluate and improve performance.
- The Four Expectations of a Leader: Identify areas in which you are most effective and which need improvement. Ensure your organization can develop leaders who meet these needs.
- Teamwork Is Dead—Long Live Teams That Work: Measure teams against four qualities needed for a “Team That Works” and define the appropriate style of leadership for a specific team.
- It Is Not About Customer Service—It Is About Engaging!: Learn customers' expectations for business these days and how to engage the customer more effectively.
- Stop Motivating Your People…It's Not Your Job!: Discover the seven elements that need to be in place to empower people.
- The Mindset of a Leader: Identify what prevents you from being a successful leader and use the single greatest technique to engage with others more effectively.
Paul's global perspective is one of his key strengths. He has given presentations all over the world including the UK, USA, South Africa, Eastern and Western Europe, India, Singapore, China, Iran and Australia. He is also a personal Executive Coach to select business leaders, sits on International Advisory Boards and is a Non-Executive Director for various companies.
Due to his work, Paul has been voted 12th in the Top 20 Most Influential Leadership Gurus in the World for three consecutive years and was included in the top 100 Management Gurus of all time (2010). He is currently developing new learning methodologies in a period he calls “The Age of Just-in-time Learning.”
- Leadership: The Never-Ending Story
- Teamwork is Dead–Long Live Teams That Work
- Question Your Thinking
- Things I Have Learnt from My Father/Son
- Forget Customer Service – It Is About Engagement (coming soon)
Memberships & Organizations
- Faculty member, Institute for Management Studies
- Faculty member, Duke University
- Fellow, Institute for Business Consultants
- Fellow, Professional Speakers Association, UK
- Speaker, Vistage International
- Speaker, Academy of Chief Executives
- Platinum Speaker, Meeting Professionals International
- Member, Canadian Journalist Association
- NLP Practitioner
Awards & Recognitions
- No. 12 in the world's “Top 20 Most Influential Leadership Gurus” for three consecutive years
- Top 100 Management Gurus of all time (2010)
- Certified Speaking Professional (CSP)
- Vistage International (UK) Best New Speaker
- JCI Senator
Education & Certifications
- Advance diploma in Sales & Marketing, University of Zimbabwe
- Certified Speaking Professional
“I gained a great deal from your research and the way you articulated your ideas. Your work and style has very neatly complemented the mix of theoretical, anecdotal and historical approaches, and for that I am very grateful indeed.”
- Group Captain P.W.D Ruddock Royal Air Force
“Paul spoke at this year's retreat. The case study he showed from a restaurant in South Africa was inspiring and informative and left me with several concrete ideas to apply to my own business, which is in a very different sector. Paul's insightful comments were extremely thought-provoking and highly valued by the CEOs present. We all left buzzing with ideas on how to improve our businesses.”
- Kate Ancketill, Managing Director, GDR Creative Intelligence